PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE AS THESE WILL APPLY TO YOUR USE OF OUR SITE.
These terms and conditions contained in this document govern the use of the website of Adams Academy which is a trading name of Adams Academy Inc. Ltd. Our registered office is at 11 Floor, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7BB (registration number is 10647280 and VAT number is GB-267018794).
- In these Terms, we use various defined terms. You will know they are defined because they begin with a capital letter. This is what they mean:
- “Course” means proficiency tests training courses and competency tests sold on our site in relation various disciplines including (without limitation) business and lifestyle skills and which consist of the Materials.
- “Direct Purchase” means a purchase of our Course directly from our site.
- “Indirect Purchase” means a purchase of our Courses through a third party based retailer or third party organisation.
- “Materials” means any documents, images, text, videos, electronic files or any other materials which are provided in connection with the products available from our site.
- “Subscription” means the nature of your access to the Course that you select, being one of the following options:
(i) specific access to a live tutorial or webinar (“Single Subscription”);
(ii) unlimited use of the Course within a limited period of time (“Periodic Subscription”); or
(iii) unlimited use of the Course for as long as the Course is available on our site (“Lifetime Access Subscription”).
Changes to these Terms
Ownership of the Rights and Intellectual Property Rights
On downloading the Materials from our site, you own the medium on which the Materials are recorded, but we do not transfer title to such Materials to you and we retain full and complete title to the Materials and all Intellectual Property Rights therein. You must not redistribute, sell, de-compile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce any software contained in the Materials to human-readable form.
You acknowledge that all Intellectual Property Rights in and to the names “Adams Academy” and any associated logos (the “Marks”) are and shall remain owned by us and that all goodwill accruing in the Marks shall accrue to and be owned by us.
Permitted Uses of website
As an individual you agree to use the information on the website as information purposes only.
Table of contents
- Changes to these Terms
- Ownership of the Rights and Intellectual Property Rights
- Permitted Uses of website
- Accessing Website
- Permitted use of Courses
- If you are a Consumer
- If you are a business customer
- Formation of Contract between you and us
- How to pay
- Delivery Policy
- Changes to our terms in respect of the purchase and supply of our courses
- Third Party
- Using and Uploading content on the site
- Liability and Limitation of Our Liability
- Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
- Digital rights management
- Complaints handling
- Course Cancellations & Refunds
- Course User Changing (Account transferring)
- Employment Opportunities
Permitted use of Courses:
We only supply the Courses for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the product for any commercial, business or re-sale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
If you are a Consumer
If you are a consumer, you may only purchase Courses from our site if you are at least 18 years old. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Courses if they are not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
If you are a business customer
You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Agreement.
Formation of Contract between you and us
Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
During the registration and payment process you will be able to select which Courses you wish to use and your Subscription for each of them. The Subscription options will be made available to you and described during the registration and payment process and the charges payable will be calculated based on the Subscription that you choose.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all Periodic Subscriptions on Adams Academy will automatically renew and payment will be taken on a rolling basis in accordance with the Subscription chosen, until we receive notification from you that you wish to cancel the Subscription. For example, if you purchase a monthly Periodic Subscription, payment will automatically be deducted on the same date each recurring month for the amount agreed.
A Periodic Subscription in respect of any Course will always be subject to the availability of the Course on our site. We reserve the right to update, amend or withdraw any Course from our site at any time.
In the event that we cease to provide a Course for which you have purchased a Periodic Subscription, we will inform you of this by e-mail and you shall have the option to either transfer your Periodic Subscription to an alternative Course or cancel your Periodic Subscription in respect of that Course.
You may choose a Lifetime Access Subscription in respect of access to an individual Course, or a bundle of Courses (as advertised on our site), or to all Courses found here www.adamsacademy.com, (as may be updated and amended from time to time). If you have selected a Lifetime Access or a Periodic Subscription to all Courses, you should check the list of Courses found here www.adamsacademy.com to see any changes in the list of the Courses to which you will have access.
A Lifetime Access Subscription in respect of any Course will always be subject to the availability of the Course on our site. We do not guarantee that our site or any of the content on it (including any Course) will always be available, and we reserve the right to update, amend or withdraw any Course from our site at any time.
Where you have purchased a Lifetime Access Subscription for one Course, and later we cease to provide that Course, we will offer you: (a) a Lifetime Access Subscription to an alternative Course, that we deem to be materially equivalent to the Course which has been withdrawn from our site; or (b) an offline copy of the Course which has been withdrawn from our site, for you to keep. In the event that neither a suitable alternative Course or an offline copy of the Course is available, and the Course for which you have purchased a Lifetime Access Subscription is withdrawn from our site in the first 12 months from the date of the Purchase Confirmation, we will, unless there are exceptional circumstances, refund you 50% of the charges you have paid for the Lifetime Access Subscription in respect of that Course.
Where you have purchased a Lifetime Access Subscription for a bundle of Courses, and later we cease to provide a Course included in that bundle, we will offer you: (a) a Lifetime Access Subscription to an alternative Course, that we deem to be materially equivalent to the Course which has been withdrawn from our site; or (b) an offline copy of the Course which has been withdrawn from our site, for you to keep. In the event that neither a suitable alternative Course or an offline copy of the Course is available, and the Course for which you have purchased a Lifetime Access Subscription is withdrawn from our site in the 12 months from the date of the Purchase Confirmation, we will, unless there are exceptional circumstances, refund you a proportional amount of the charges you have paid for the Lifetime Access Subscription.
Where you have purchased a Lifetime Access Subscription to all Courses, and later we cease to provide a Course included in that Subscription, we will offer you an offline copy of the Course which has been withdrawn from our site, where such a copy is available.
You will be required to pay the applicable charges prior to being given access to the Courses in accordance with your Subscription. If your payment is declined, not authorised or is otherwise unsuccessful we reserve the right to prevent your access to the Courses.
If you have any promotional code entitling you to use any of the Courses at a discounted rate, you must input that promotional code prior to making your payment. You will not be entitled to a refund of the Charges, or any part of them, if you subsequently notify us that you have any promotional code.
After you place an order, we will confirm our acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail (Purchase Confirmation). The contract between us will only be formed when we send you the Purchase Confirmation.
If we are unable to supply you with the Course, for example because the Course is no longer available or because of an error in the price on our site, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for your order, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible.
The prices of the Courses will be as quoted on our site from time to time. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the prices are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Prices for our Courses may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which we have confirmed with a Purchase Confirmation. Our site contains a large number of Courses. It is always possible that, despite our reasonable efforts, some of the Courses on our site may be incorrectly priced. If we discover an error in the price of the Courses you have ordered we will inform you of this error and we will give you the option of continuing with the order at the correct price or cancelling your order. We will not process your order until we have received your instructions. If we are unable to contact you using the contact details you provided during the order process, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you in writing. Please note that if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing, we do not have to provide the Course to you at the incorrect (lower) price.
How to pay
We accept the following payment methods: Mastercard, Maestro, Visa, Visa Electron, and Amex. We will charge your debit card, credit card or PayPal account immediately after sending you a Purchase Confirmation.
Once you purchase a course from us, you will receive the login details within 48 hours.
Changes to our terms in respect of the purchase and supply of our courses
We may revise our terms relating to the purchase and supply of our Courses from time to time in the following circumstances: changes in how we accept payment from you; or changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements. Whenever we revise our terms we will keep you informed by email and state the date of the last variation at the top of this page.
Adams Academy does not promise that the website will be error free, uninterrupted, nor that it will provide specific results from use of the website. The results on the website are delivered at an “at the time available” basis.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
While we endeavour to update and ensure that the information contained in the Courses and on our site is correct, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any of them.
Some activities suggested or referred to in the Courses may present a high risk of injury. Such activities may include lifting, reaching, handling hazardous or flammable products and using dangerous equipment or machinery. You are at all times responsible for assessing the appropriateness of using the Course and must consider your personal health and physical suitability before using the same. You must consult a doctor if you are in doubt about your physical suitability.
We will not be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage resulting from use of the Courses. We are also not responsible for providing advice on the health and safety requirements or precautions which should be observed when using the Course. You must ensure that you comply with the health and safety guidelines provided with the products or equipment that you are using.
Adams Academy does not endorse the content of any third party website, nor do we warrant that they will not contain viruses or otherwise impact your computer. Where our site contains links to third party sites and to resources provided by third parties (together “Other Sites”), those Other Sites are merely linked to provide information only and are solely for your convenience. We have no control over and do not accept responsibility for Other Sites or for the content or products of Other Sites (including, without limitation, relating to social networking sites such as Facebook) and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to our site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Using and Uploading content on the site
You agree that whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site (including any bulletin board, chat room, forum or other similar pages that may be included in our site from time to time) you will not: harass others or disclose personal information about others that could amount to harassment; publish, post, upload, store, distribute or disseminate any unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, harmful, confidential, libellous, hateful, threatening or otherwise illegal material or information or anything which might constitute a criminal or civil offence;
Upload files that contain software or other material which are the intellectual property rights of any third party or which are protected by rights of privacy or publicity of any third party without having received all necessary consents; upload files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other software or programs that may interfere with or damage the operation of our site or any other computer; create multiple logins; impersonate others; promote or undertake any activity that is illegal or fraudulent; or use software to harvest the Materials or any other information from our site.
Liability and Limitation of Our Liability
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of, or inability to use, our site; or use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a private consumer user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for: death or personal injury caused by our negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
Due to the inherent risks of using the internet we cannot be liable for, and hereby exclude to the fullest extent permissible by applicable law, all liability for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site, Materials or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
We do not warrant that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
During your use of our site, you must not knowingly or recklessly introduce any viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which they are stored or from which they are provided or any server, computer or database connected to them. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site and Course will cease immediately.
Digital rights management
We may, in our sole discretion, use software, digital rights management tools, electronic watermarks, cookies, web beacons, tracking tools or services or any other similar tools or services that may be available from time to time (including where such tools are provided and operated by third parties) (collectively “DRM Tools”) together with any other information or data provided by you so as to enable us to monitor and keep records of the copying, downloading and use of the Materials for the sole purpose of enabling us to protect and enforce our Intellectual Property Rights in and to the Materials.
You acknowledge and agree that your right to access and use the Materials is conditional upon us being entitled to use the DRM Tools as described above and that the use of such DRM Tools is necessary to protect our legitimate interests. You must not, disable, circumvent or attempt to disable or circumvent any DRM Tool used by us.
Adams Academy will respond promptly if you inform us when we do not meet your expectations or keep our promise. You can inform us of your complaints by email or telephone.
Course Cancellations & Refunds
By completing your registration for a course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Classroom Course (In house course)
By completing your registration for a course and making a payment of full or installment fee, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
You have the right to cancel your booking at any time at the following terms:
-Any courses cancelled after registration – admin fee of 25% of the course price applies (which will not be refunded), remaining deposit will be refunded. You need to request the course cancellation 5 working days before the course starting date.
– You are not eligible for any refund if you made a request for course cancellation less than 5 working days before the course starting date.
– Adams Academy reserves the right to cancel a course if number of delegates have not reached the minimum required to run the course effectively. The company also reserves the right to cancel in the event of an unforeseen circumstance which disables a safe training environment. In the event of a cancellation, Adams Academy will either arrange for an alternative course date or offer a full refund of the fee paid.
- Online Courses (Distance Learning)
Under this refund policy and under guidance of the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, you may cancel your purchase of the course within the period of 14 calendar days (cancellation period) from the date on which the contract of purchase is concluded. Please note that, the right to cancel will not apply, after we issued your login detail for online study platform before receive your cancellation request to us.
If you choose to cancel within this period you will receive a refund of the price within 30 days if you are eligible for refunds. If we posted any study material to you, you should return them to us before the refund. Once a course has been redeemed, we cannot grant a refund. All refund requests can be sent to email@example.com. We will refund you on the credit card, debit card or PayPal account used by you to pay
PRINCE2® Course Refund
If Lerner changed their mind about course purchase, they have the right to apply for a refund within 14 days of purchase, provided that they haven’t accessed the course materials.Please note that this is only applicable for learners who hasn’t booked their exam. If they have booked their exam with PeopleCert and changed mind afterwards they are not eligible for a refund.For refund related queries please email our helpdesk team to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course User Changing (Account transferring)
The course user changing (Account transferring to someone) request is valid within 14 days from the date you purchase the course.
Adams Academy does not guarantee employment to any student as a result of purchasing and attending any of its courses. However, we are confident that you will receive the best training and gain necessary skills.
Your right to access a Course will automatically terminate upon:
- your completion of the Course for which you have ordered a Single Subscription; or
- expiry of your Periodic Subscription, where you have provided us with no less than 7 days’ notice prior to the renewal date of the Periodic Subscription that you wish to cancel the Subscription, by writing to us at email@example.com; or
- our notice to you by email that we will cease to provide (or are unable to provide) the Course on our site.
- where you have selected a Lifetime Access Subscription for all Courses, your Lifetime Access Subscription will automatically terminate where (a) we cease to provide the Lifetime Access Subscription service; or (b) you have provided us with no less than 7 days’ notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to cancel your Subscription.
Without prejudice to the foregoing, if you are in breach of these Terms, we may at our sole option either suspend your access to the Course until such breach is remedied or, without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, we shall be entitled to terminate your Subscription and your use of and access to the Course immediately without notice.[Save in respect of any Lifetime Access Subscription which is terminated by us in accordance with this clause, in the 12 months from the date of the Purchase Confirmation,] you will not be entitled to a refund of the Charges or any part of them if this Agreement is terminated pursuant to any of the foregoing paragraphs of this clause prior to the expiry of your Subscription.
Notwithstanding any other provision in these Terms, in the event that our site ceases to be available (on a permanent basis) we will send you notice by email and this Agreement will automatically terminate upon expiry of such notice.
Subscriber Warranties, Rights, Representations, & Obligations
- By agreeing to provide access, we are not obligated to maintain the Website in its current form. Adams Academy holds the right to change, modify or upgrade any service and convert your subscription to a new version at any time at the Company’s sole discretion. The changes may be applied as long as it is not detrimental to your use of the services (unless the change is vital for a business or something outside the Company’s control, in such circumstances, we will provide clarification) and notify you accordingly.
- You and any other Subscribers added to the membership (“Authorised End Users” or “Multi-User Subscriptions”) commit, acknowledge, and accept that:
- Third-party should not be given access privileges.
- You will obey the applicable laws and regulations to use the Services.
- The Services or any other component thereof can not be leased, rented, resold, sublicensed, distributed, transferred, copied, or modified.
- You do not have the right to reverse engineer or construct the source code from the object code made available hereunder. You can not decompile, create, or attempt to create the source code from the object code made available hereunder
- It is strictly prohibited to copy, edit, distribute, publicly display and perform, republish, download, store, or transmit the Services or any part of them.
- Adams Academy can not be held responsible for obtaining, installing, operating, and maintaining the necessary software and hardware, along with ensuring network connections and telecommunication lines required to access and use the Services.
- The Services must not be used in any way or in conjunction with any data, content, software, hardware or other materials that may infringe or violate any third-party patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or any intellectual property right, or anything that may constitute defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, or violation of the right of publicity or other third-party rights, or that is a violation of any law.
Right to Cancel Order
Subscription packages don’t include some exclusive courses. Those are available for single purchases only. The policies for such courses are outlined below:
- You have 14 days to cancel your order once it has been delivered. However, you must have a valid reason for cancelling your order. This 14-day period gives a conditional right for order cancellation.
- Cancellation process: Email us at ….. or call us ….. with your order details.
A subscriber can only have 50 active courses at any time.
Right to Cancel Membership
Adams Academy memberships are renewed every 12 months. However, you can cancel your membership at any time from your account as per your desire.
Upon membership cancellation, you will no longer have access to your enrolled courses during your Adams Academy membership.
You can not view future classes or join new ones after the cancellation. However, you can view class recordings you have already attended.
To delete your Adams Academy account, please contact Adams Academy support.
Cancellation Related Changes
- Adams Academy membership can be cancelled at any time.
- You can cancel your membership over the phone or directly from your profile.
- You can also cancel your Adams Academy membership and benefits by going to the Membership and Payments tab, where you can check out the steps to pausing or resuming membership or switching to a lower-cost plan.
- When you sign up for Adams Academy through a third-party account (for instance, app store) as a Payment Method and want to cancel membership, it may need to be done through a third party. You can visit your account with the applicable third party, turn off the auto-renewal option, or unsubscribe from the Adams Academy service.
- For your convenience, a cancellation feature is added in the Members Area. Also, membership can be terminated by filling out this cancellation form and returning it.
- The right to terminate services:
- If you can’t comply with the Terms and Conditions, including payment obligations, Adams Academy reserves the right to cancel access to the Services.
- You may receive a service termination letter. Moreover, you will get a refund (for your advance payments) for not receiving the remaining services.
- You will have the chance to renew it at any time in the future, even after cancelling your membership. You will be charged for the following year if you wish to renew. The plan you will be given is the one you previously cancelled
- Your current subscription will continue until the end of its present term. Then you can switch to the One Course Plan if you select a low-price plan known as a ‘One Course Plan’.
- Adams Academy holds the right to modify its service plans and prices at any time.
Any changes in the pricing will be shared in advance by Adams Academy with the membership and payments user interface, the members’ user interface, or other reasonable ways, for example, email.
Such subscription pricing changes will take effect starting the next subscription month after the price change date. So we highly recommend reading any pricing change message carefully as a precaution.
Please get in touch with us if you have any payment-related or other membership queries.
- There won’t be any refunds or credits for partial membership periods, lessons, or Courses.
You can expect a refund only if there is incorrect content or pricing, course materials, certificates, assignment retakes, or other optional course content from the members’ area, checkout page, or any other cause deemed valid by Adams Academy.