The overall aim of the Arden University BA (Hons) Business (Finance) is to enable students to acquire knowledge, understanding and a range of skills relating to key business and financial disciplines which are applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors in diverse settings. More specifically it is the aim to develop skills and understanding specific to financial and management accounting and basic economics study including the design and operation of financial systems, structures and instruments and, in particular, to understand the pricing of financial assets, the measurement and management of risk, and the possibilities for value maximising behaviour by the firm and household from a variety of perspectives. Simultaneously students will develop a range of transferrable skills that will aid them as they pursue business and /or financial careers or further relevant study. More specifically it will:
- ♦ Enable students to build upon their areas of strength, career aspirations and current challenges, using innovative and flexible distance learning strategies.
- ♦ Enable students to develop professional level skills in finance, accounting and economics, supplemented by an understanding of a range of business and management disciplines.
- ♦ Promote understanding of the key aspects of current practice in the field of finance, accounting and economics while acknowledging current and emerging developments in related disciplines.
- ♦ Equip students with the essential skills and tools to work professionally in a business, management and/or financial situation develop students ability to communicate effectively through a variety of media and presentational forms to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
- ♦ Equip students with the subject specific knowledge and skills and to work within diverse settings and to appreciate the complexity of financial decision making in local, national and global contexts.
- ♦ Provide a stimulating online academic environment in which students as independent learners can develop confidence, competence and skills as part of a community of learners and thereby to inspire students to become lifelong learners.
Award: BA (Hons) Business (Finance) (Top-Up)
Study Time: 20 hours/Week
Duration: 1-2 years
Start Date: January, April, July, October
Awarded By: Arden University
To be eligible for this course you should have:
♦ An HND in Business or equivalent, provided that your prior learning is consistent with Level 5 of the functional areas of business (Finance, Marketing, HRM and Operations Management)
Students whose prior learning was not taught in English will need to demonstrate:
♦ IELTS 6.0 or equivalent
Assessments provide an opportunity to demonstrate your strengths in a number of ways and so a variety of methods are used,
these could include:
♦ Case studies
♦ Portfolios of work
To support your development and ensure you are on the right track with your studies we will provide you with tutor feedback on every assessment you submit.
If required, your tutor can give you suggestions for improvement and help you understand how to apply your new skills into real life settings.
So, where can you go after University?
Generally, graduates have a much wider range of options available to them than just the subject matter of their degree.
Typical business graduate job titles:
♦ Business Manager
♦ Human Resources Manager
♦ Business Development Executive
♦ Business Analytics and Modelling Consultant
♦ Business Performance & Transformation Consultant
♦ Marketing Executive
♦ Operations Manager
♦ Retail Manager
Some of the Business graduates who studied through us have gone on to become:
♦ Brand Manager
♦ HR Manager
♦ Business Analyst
♦ Project Manager
♦ Communications Consultant
♦ Digital Marketing Specialist
How to Apply
If you wish to apply please contact our customer support team, they will guide you through your application process.
No Reviews found for this course.