The goals of this policy are to ensure the following.
- Learners are aware of how to complain and that the company provides easy to use opportunities for them to register their complaints.
- Our Customer Support and Compliance team will be responsible for the administration of the procedure.
- Every written complaint is acknowledged within two working days.
- Investigations into written complaints are held within 28 days.
- All complaints are responded to in writing by us.
Complaints are dealt with promptly, fairly and sensitively with due regard to the upset and worry that they can cause to both staff and students.
- Our complaints system will be simple and easily accessible on our website.
- All formal complaints received will be acknowledged in writing.
- We cannot consider complaints that are more than six months old, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- All complaints will receive a full and fair investigation and will respect people’s desire for confidentiality, wherever possible.
- We expect to take no more than 28 days to deal with your complaint unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- We will use the outcomes of any complaints to improve systems and processes.
- We will inform you of your rights to appeal as part of our procedure.
You have the right of appeal, within 15 working days addressing our Compliance department, if you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint.
The letter of appeal must clearly state the grounds for appeal. An appeal can only be considered on the following grounds:
- There is new additional evidence which was not reasonably available at the time of the original investigation;
- Proper procedures were not followed;
- The decision and outcome is deemed to be unreasonable given the evidence available.
The complainant will be informed if there are appropriate grounds for an appeal